Humberto C. Sasieta, MD
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Humberto C. Sasieta is a Pulmonary, Sleep and Critical Care Medicine specialist in The Woodlands, TX. He completed training in his core specialties, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. There he later held the academic rank of Assistant Professor. During this endeavor he was active in clinical and basic research as well as quality improvement initiatives. His focused area of research was chronic cough, and how lungs recover from injurious mechanical ventilation.
He joined Millennium Physicians in 2019, after completing additional specialty training in Sleep Medicine at the University of Texas at Houston – McGovern Medical School. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
He is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine.
Beyond Medicine he enjoys traveling, across the United States with his wife and children.
Medical School: Universisdad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, Peru, 2009
Residency: Internal Medicine at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, AR, 2014
- Pulmonary & Critical Care at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, 2017
- Sleep Medicine at University of Texas - McGovern Medical School in Houston, TX 2019
Areas of Interest
- Lung Nodules, Endobronchial Biopsy and Ultrasound Guided Biopsies
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Cough and Airways Disease
- Sleep Medicine
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- 2014: Bronze Certificate: Mayo Quality Academy
- 2017: Silver Certificate: Mayo Quality Academy
- 2014 American Thoracic Society Travel Scholarship awardee
- 2014 American Thoracic Society Foundation Early Career Leader
- 2014 American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award, with Commendation
- 2017 SCCM Star Research Award: Thioredoxin mimetic preserves VE-Cadherin expression and lung compliance in a rat model of VILI.
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine