Dr. Umang Patel graduated Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine in 2011 and completed his residency at Baylor College of Medicine in 2016. He has 6 years of diverse experience with area of expertise as Radiation Oncology. Dr. Patel is trained to identify the type of cancer and create a targeted treatment plan that will increase the patient's chances of overcoming the disease.
He is accepting new patients at our Kingwood and Woodlands location.
Medical School: Northeast Ohio Medical University at Rootstown, OH, 2011
Residency: Radiation Oncology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, 2016
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT/IG-IMRT) with CBCT and BAT guidance
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) and Helical Tomotherapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT, SABR)
- Intracavitary and Interstitial Low Dos Rate (LDR) and High Dose Rate (HDR) gynecologic brachytherapy
- Interstitial LDR prostate brachytherapy
- Intracavitary High Dos Rate (HDR) breast brachytherapy
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO)
- American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Texas Radiological Society (TRS)
Conroe Regional Medical Center
Houston Methodist Woodlands Hospital
Kingwood Medical Center
Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital
Tomball Regional Medical Center
- Phase II Single Arm trial of Prophylactic Extended Field Pelvic Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy for Cervical Cancer Patients with High Risk of Occult Para-Aortic Nodal Involvement. Initiated Clinical trial.
- Samuelian J., Nguyen D, Farach A, Patel U., et al. Curative Treatment of Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Using Robotic Stereotactic Radiation Therapy in Smokers with COPD: A VA Population Study. Manuscript Submitted to Journal of Thoracic Oncology.
- Patel U., Demas W.F., Seider M.J., Neading J.. (2010, July). AUA Symptom Score in Patients with Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer Treated with Permanent Interstitial Brachytherapy. Poster presented at: Summa Summer Research Fellowship; Akron, OH.
- Patel U., Haffty B.G., Azu M., Kearney T., Yue N.J., Goyal S.. (2010, November). Placement & Visualization of Surgical Clips in the Lumpectomy Cavity of Patients with Stage 0, I & II Breast Cancer treated with Breast Conserving Surgery & Radiation Therapy (BCS+RT). Poster presented at: 52nd ASTRO Annual Meeting; San Diego, CA.
- Azu M., Goyal S., Patel U., Kearney T., Has placement of surgical clips in lumpectomy bed fallen out of favor? Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Jun;18(6):1529-32.