Amani Jambhekar, MD, MBA
Breast Surgical Oncology
Dr. Jambhekar attended Tulane University where she triple majored in English, Biology, and Psychology and earned a BA and BS. She received her medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio followed by General Surgery Residency at New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Dr. Jambhekar is board certified in General Surgery and completed her fellowship in Breast Surgical Oncology at Columbia University Medical Center where she conducted research on different types of surgical and radiation treatments for breast cancer patients and on minimizing opioid prescriptions for all surgical patients. She has an MBA from Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. With her MBA she aims to understand the financial impact of specialty care and ultimately deliver better, cost effective care to her patients.
Dr. Jambhekar is focused on making her practice a place which empowers women.
College: Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Cell and Molecular Biology at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA, 2009
Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in San Antonio, TX, 2013
Residency: General Surgery Residency at New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, NY, 2018
Fellowship: Breast Oncology Fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center in New York, NY, 2019
Graduate: MBA from Kelley School of Business at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, 2020
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- Featured by American Medical Women's Association
- Featured by Med Peps
- Featured by Association of Women Surgeons
- Featured as one of Ten Women Making Wakes from Tulane University
- Organizational Design Coaching Competition Champion - Kelley School of Business, Summer 2019
- Special commendation for marketing strategy at Kelley Connect Week Consulting Competition - May 2019
- Featured by "Without the White Coat"
- American Board of Surgery
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Association of Women Surgeons
- Association for Healthcare Social Media