Maria G. Berdayes, DO
Dr. Maria Berdayes is a board certified family medicine physician in Kingwood, TX and speaks both English and Spanish. She joined Millennium Physicians in 2007, serving as managing partner of the family medicine department. She is the president and medical director of the Millennium IPA.
Dr. Berdayes is a founder and president of Northeast Health Providers ACO and Practice Edge Alliance ACO, which are accountable care organizations that have partnered with Texas Medical Association’s TMA Practice Edge to unite independent physicians across Texas. With an emphasis on prevention, she mentors physicians as they strive to improve healthcare quality, lower costs, and enhance patients’ care experience. Further, she serves as a clinical instructor for Baylor College of Medicine’s department of family medicine and is a student preceptor for the UT Health Science Center in Houston.
In 2015, Dr. Berdayes was recognized as being one of Houston’s Top Family Practice Doctors by H Texas Magazine. She won the Readers Choice Award for Primary Care in the Kingwood, Humble and Atascocita Observer newspaper several years in a row.
Medical School: Osteopathic Medical Degree at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) in Erie, PA, 2004
Internship: Osteopathic Family Practice Internship at St. Joseph's Mercy Medical Center in Clinton Township, MI, 2005
- Honors in inpatient internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, inpatient pediatrics, orthopedics, cardiology, dermatology, general surgery, intensive care and emergency medicine.
Residency: Flower Hospital in Sylvania, OH, 2007
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- 2019 - Featured in the Houstonia Magazine in the Houston's Top Doc section
- 2012 Readers Choice Award for Primary Care in the Kingwood/Humble/Atascocita Observer newspaper
- 2007 Chief Resident Award; Flower Hospital Residency Program
- 2004 LECOM Award for Exceptional Community Service
- 2003 & 2002 ACOFP Student Scholarship
- 2001 LECOM Student Ambassador Scholarship
- American Academy of Family Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Academy of Osteopathy (AAO)
- American College of Family Practitioners (ACFP)
- American College of Osteopathic Family Practitioners (ACOFP)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)