Salah Fares, M.D.
Pulmonary, Critical Care & Internal Medicine
Dr. Fares graduated from the University of Tishreen in Syria in 2000. In 2005, Salah Fares moved to the states where he completed his fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center. He works in The Woodlands, TX and specializes in Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Fares is affiliated with CHI St Luke's Health - The Woodlands Hospital and The Vintage Hospital, Houston Northwest Medical Center and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital.
Besides practicing medicine, Dr. Fares loves traveling and watching movies. He is very passionate about his community and enjoys volunteering any chance he can.
Medical School: Tishreen University in Syria, 2000
Residency: Internal Medicine at Damascus University in Syria, 2004; Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, MI, 2010
Fellowship: Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- Pulmonary Critical Care Chief Fellow at Loyola University Medical Center, 2014-2015
- Served as Chief Medical Resident at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center for one year
- Selected as Resident of the Year two consecutive years
- Selected as Intern of the Year, 2006-2007
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American College of Physicians